Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I, Gobot


According to the TV channel Space; here are the top 10 robot or cybernetic organisms:


10 General Grievous -- Star Wars
9 NS-5 -- I, Robot
8 Ash -- Alien
7 Kroenen -- Hellboy
6 The Gunslinger -- Westworld
5 The Borg -- Star Trek
4 Robocop -- Robocop
3 The Daleks -- Doctor Who
2 The Cylons -- Battlestar Galactica
1 The Terminator -- The Terminator


I must say that I'm happy that The Terminator was ranked #1. Even though I hate the hackneyed paradoxical sci-fi premise of backwards time-travel - I love the first Terminator movie. That's how friggin' good it is. If they could combine The Terminator, The Shawshank Redemption, The Usual Suspects, and Casablanca - that'd only be the most awesome supercool movie of all time. Tentative last scene dialogue:

Rick: We'll always have Paris, Texas. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to Shawshank. We got it back last night.
Ilsa: ...When I said I would never leave you.
Rick: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too...[blah blah]...hill of beans...[blah blah]...Kaiser Soze's looking at you, kid.
Ilsa: Ah'll be baak.


Notable exceptions from the list:

ED 209, Robocop -- possibly dropped because of inability to handle concrete stairs, or its name being associated with a certain flaccidity.
Steve Austin, Six Million Dollar Man -- large lapels too goofy, yet not big enough to starch up into a Batman-style collar.
Jamie Sommers, Bionic Woman -- would've added some feminine appeal to the list. As would any number of any gynoids, fembots, buffybots, terminatrixes, or sexy sexy 7of9 from Star Trek.


Also, they didn't mention if they were talking about the old cylons or the new cylons. Vaguery just isn't acceptable in something so important. I'm going to go with the old-school cylons because of their awesome voices.


Are you a true geek? Then you won't have any problems matching up these quotations with the above shows:

"You are experiencing a car accident."
"I can feel them...but I can't remember them."
"Nice night for a walk."
"We wish to improve ourselves."
"A survivor...unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality."
"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."
"I could beat you with two...no, three arms tied behind my back."
"We are the superior beings."
"Red means stop."
"The final annihilation of the lifeform known as Man. Let the attack begin."

ANSWERS

No comments:

Post a Comment